Monday, June 27, 2011

Hai

My real name isn't important in this arena, but for those that wish to take up stalking, it's Ryanne. Yes; I am a girl. Yes; I am a girl gamer.


No; I'm not fat.


But that's not the point of this blog - the point of this blog is to commentate on Riot Games insanely successful Massively Multiplayer Online (MMO) Game: League of Legends. In short (I'll spare you the history lesson), League is a Real-Time Strategy Game from the creators and vein of Warcraft’s Defense of the Ancients (DotA).


Recently finishing its Season One Championship, League is in its prime with a collective forum that recycles threads about every two seconds, and a title place on the World Cyber Games (WCG) stage.


It's serious face.


As an aspiring journalist, I'm taking blogging up as a hobby to fine-tune and practice my craft. Write what you know, and right now, that's League of Legends - or, at least - I'd like to think that I know LoL.


I'm no pro player. I'm not an insanely high ELO. I don't pretend that I know everything, in fact, it's my core belief that League is one of the most challenging and competitive games on the circuit right now, and the fact that it’s still an infant means there are very few experts on the subject.


But everyone pretends to be one anyway.


What I do know is that I love League. I love the community (shockingly). And I love talking about League; which, is the whole point of this blog:


To discuss theory, champions, compositions, balance, and culture surrounding League of Legends. All from the typical ELO player’s point of view, and since over ninety percent of players sit in that category, I think there’s something everyone can take away from this.


My name is Miss Doodle; currently I sit between 1300 and 1500 ELO. I'm the average player that takes detail in the miniscule, loves farming, and played Alistar before he was the Flavor of the Month.


I play for fun, but only have fun when I'm winning.

No comments:

Post a Comment